Sunday, March 13, 2005

NEW MUSIC ADDED TO MY WISH LIST

After reading this review of Chiara Civello's album, Last quarter moon, I added it to my wish list at Amazon. Have you heard about Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band? I heard about this band from Robert Tracinski's TIA Daily.

Here is a good sign for the culture: a small but growing trend among young people is an interest in Big Band music--which is an esthetic universe away from the unmusical shouting of "rap" thugs. Could this be the beginning of a cultural trend away from the nihilistic "grunge" and violent "hip-hop" trends of the past few decades? (TIADaily.com, Big Band Is Back?, 03/10/05.)


Read Mireya Navarro's article, The Definition of 'Phat': Big Band With Young Fans. I have added their album, Property Of Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band XXL to my wish list.

No comments: